Aim And Scope
Following on from the successful previous seven editions of the International Supercomputing Conference in Mexico (ISUM), the Organizing Committee is delighted to announce and extends an invitation to participate in ISUM 2017 as a research paper presenter and/or poster presenter.
The 8th ISUM meeting celebrates new conditions for the high-performance computing in Mexico (HPC). Effectively, new laboratories for HPC are up and working. Furthermore, now Mexico is back into the list of the 500 most powerful supercomputers in the world and continues to grow its high performance computing capacity throughout the country. Given this growth, ISUM 2017 is seeking for research works that are being conducted in Mexico and abroad.
One of the main goals of the ISUM2017 is to open the possibilities for a wide interchange of ideas, to spread new tendencies in HPC; to present new results of scientific research obtained using supercomputing support as well as to explore new topics such as big data, analytics, IoT, smart cities and storage and analysis. ISUM 2017 gives the opportunity to listen to plenary talks by world leaders of HPC. Moreover, one of the most important motivations of the meeting is to open a general communication forum with the industry for a high-level discussion with relevant subjects as innovation, development, and research.
ISUM2017 keeps in mind the importance of professional development of human resources and outreach. To accomplish that, we are offering five trending topic workshops, and several parallel events promoting HPC among youth and women in information technologies.
We appreciate your participation, and willingness to present your latest research. Papers are solicited on the following and related topics:
- Cluster Grid and Cloud Computing for Architectures in Industry.
- Applications for Science, Engineering, Health, Scientific Visualization, Simulation and Modeling.
- Parallel Processing , Algorithms and Techniques in GPGPU and CPU.
- Tools and Environments for High Performance System Engineering, Software Tools, Programming Tools, Virtualization.
- Systems to solve Complex problems in Academic and Scientific Research fields.
- Emerging and New Technologies for Petascale / Exascale Technologies.
- Green Computing.
- HPC and Big Data and Analytics.
- HPC Storage and Analysis.
- HPC and Smart Cities.
- HPC and Internet of Things (HPC-IoT).
- HPC and High Speed Networks.
- HPC for Business Computing.
- HPC for Oil & Gas Industry.
By submitting an abstract, we agree to the following conditions:
AN AUTHOR OR COAUTHOR (INCLUDING KEYNOTE, INVITED, ORAL, AND POSTER PRESENTERS) WILL:
- Register at the author registration rate.
- Attend the meeting.
- Make the presentation as scheduled in the program.
Contribution and Paper Preparation
Authors are invited to submit contributed papers and posters written in English, according to the Springer LNCS style. Latex Templates: llncs2e.zip & typeinst.zip. Office 2007 Word Template: splnproc1110.zip. Office Word 2003 template: CSProceedings_AuthorTools_Word_2003 . For more details, please visit Springer's Information for Authors of Computer Science Publications webpage http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0
Submissions will be send:
- You must enter the platform. *
- You shall be asigned a rol as an author so that you can submit your work.
You will be able to follow all the process of your work from the platform.
*If you are not registered, you must sign up as a new user.
For any questions send email:
Please submit a 250-word text abstract for review purposes that is suitable for rapid publication.
Please also submit a 2-Pages camera ready Summary. If your paper is accepted, this summary will be published before the conference in the online programs. Notice the limit is two pages.
The style guide provides a visual representation of the paper format. The summary should not exceed two pages and must be typed with the page layout set to 8½" x 11" with one-inch margins on all sides. Within two pages, authors must include all text: title, authors, and affiliations, the 250-word abstract, equations, figures and references, etc. We strongly recommend highlight the HPC used in your contribution.
The authors of accepted talks and posters must guarantee that their contribution will be presented at the conference. All accepted contributions will be published electronically in the "Book of Abstracts." Contributed papers must be between 6 to 15 pages.
“The most valuable submissions will be included into the conference program as keynotes. The Organizing Committee will promote the publication of the best papers in the ©International Journal of Combinatorial Optimization Problems and Informatics ISSN: 2007-1558”
Review, Notification, and Program Placement Information
- Conference Chair/Editor will assess all contributions for technical review and suitability of content.
- The contact author will receive notification of acceptance and presentation details by e-mail the week of November 1, 2016.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion.
The ISUM2017 hosting city: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. This beautiful colonial and contemporary city is well known for being the birth of Mariachi music, Tequila, Mexican artistry, culinary arts, and many Mexican traditions well known throughout the globe. As well as considered the silicon valley of Mexico in which the Information Technologies’ industry is a significant contributor to its local economy considered the 4th largest economy in México.
All ISUM2017 sessions will take place in Guadalajara city.
UdeG, LNS-BUAP, CONACYT, CUDI, ININ, IPN, UAM, UNAM, CICESE, CIMAT, UAEM, ABACUS-CINVESTAV, LANGEBIO-CINVESTAV, UAEMEX, UCOL, UNISON, UV
Abstracts Due: November 10, 2016
Author Notification: November 15, 2016
Manuscripts Due: December 15, 2016
Conferences, Exhibitions and Courses: 2017